KCP Visiting Judges
I grew up with dogs as most South Africans. During my childhood we had the following breeds as pets but always pedigree dogs and Reg. My Father had GSD, Border Collies, Bull Mastiffs and Labradors over the years all pets only, but somewere never shown. I got my first show dog at the age of 17 a Pyrenean Mountain Dog from Mari Cooper of the De Le Neige Kennels in South Africa (Sire and Dam imported) thus started my show carrier. I had immense success with my boy “Sancho” who from the puppy class won his first CC & BOB.
During the years to follow I decided not to breed with Pyreneans as there were enough breeders and I also have never been a big breeder. My worry getting a loving forever home. Shih Tzu were introduced into South Africa, and I fell in love with the breed. When the first litter was bred, I got a beautiful Male from the Nasdom Kennel. (Cheeky) was one special pet and show dog. He won multiple groups and BIS awards. I then imported some from the UK as the bloodlines were very limited. We did a father/daughter mating, the beautiful CH Nasdom Anjin San at Kaikoura was born. Anjin went on to win many titles during his show carrier and was the first Shih Tzu to win a BIS in South Africa.
Over the years I have owned/exhibited the following breeds with enormous success. American Cocker Spaniels (Ch. Kaikoura Manolito was top Gundog in his day , Pyrenean Mountain Dogs, Shih Tzu, Maltese, Poodles, Min Schnauzers. Later in years I owned/ exhibited and bred Airedale Terriers My dog “Angus” was TOP DOG ALL BREEDS in 2005, the 1st Terrier to achieve this title.
The Airedales did me immensely proud and all were Top Terrier in their show seasons for more than one year. At the moment we have at home Labrador, Australian Shepherd, Chihuahua’s at home but not shown. As the Airedales became too much to manage, I started showing Chinese Crested and still are exhibiting them with remarkable results. My Puff bitch is the top winning Crested all time in South Africa.
Regarding my judging career I have been lucky to have had some great mentors and still learn every day. I started judging when in my early twenty’s, starting with the Working and Herding groups those day one group. Over the years followed Gundogs, Utility, Hounds, Terriers, and Toys. Thus, qualifying me as an All-Breeds Judge. To follow was FCI and I am also a qualified FCI All Breeds Judge.
I am also qualified to judge Handlers. Also qualified as a Bull Terrier Specialist judge. I have judge in the following countries, some more than once. Australia, New Zealand, Tasmania, Brazil, Japan, China, Argentina, Columbia, Costa Rica, Russia, Finland, Germany, India, Pakistan, Mexico, Philippines, Thailand, Namibia, Sweden Zimbabwe, Zambia - most being honoured to do the BIS, Judge yearly in South Africa – Just judged Working &Herding Adult and Puppy of the year.
I have served on many other committees during the years and at present still serve on the following:-
- Transvaal /Terrier club, first as a member then as Chairlady and still hold that position. We cater for all Terrier Breeds and try get an oversea judge to judge this show when possible. We have 1 All breeds Ch show and 1 Open show a year.
- I serve as a committee member on the Goldfields Grounds Committee (these clubs hold these shows to keep the show grounds in Top Condition). The Club holds 2 Ch Shows and 2 Open shows a year.
- Presently I serve on NTKC All Breeds Club as Chairlady and have done so for many years, we hold 1 Open show 2 All Breeds shows and 1 FCI show a year.
- In past years served on Toys, Gundogs, Working & Herding and Utility Club committees as Committee member or Chairlady.
- Have served as Chairlady of the NTKC All Breeds Club for many years and still hold that position.
- Served as a committee member on our Judges Sub Committee, and later as Chairlady before the format changed. I still serve as mentor to our new judges on the judges’ scheme.